Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Scraphappy Hello!



Hello, World! I'm Cori...Cori Peck. I am a Christian 37 year old wife and mother. I am a pediatrician, raised in Birmingham, but living in South Alabama for the last 4 years. My husband Bill is the ultimate computer geek and works from home. Together, we homeschool our 2 daughters: the 5th grade, 9 year old Kid, and my 5 year old kindergardener, LoveBug - both so that we can direct what they learn and, also, so that school is on our Life Schedule...not life on the School Schedule. We love to travel and explore this amazing world God has created for us, and we just recently returned from a month-long Great American Road Trip. During this adventure, I completed my goal of being in all 50 states while my husband fulfilled his dream of pulling an RV across the country.

I started scrapbooking while pregnant with the Kid when a church friend dragged me to a Creative Memories party. Once I learned that I DIDN'T have to cut my pictures into cute shapes and could STILL PLAY with the fun papers and stickers, I was hooked. Addiction soon followed. We used to joke that my scrapbook 'habit' was cheaper than therapy. Now, we're not so sure :)

I consider myself primarily a simple scrapper. But I love inks, paints, and stamping. It is the rare layout that does not include some kind of ink on it. My focus is always the pictures. Photos come first. Everything else stems from that. I prefer everyday, spontaneous pictures over event-based or posed portraits. Catching my kids and their friends unaware makes me happy.


I feel happy and priviledged to be a new member of the Scraphappy Design Team and am looking forward to sharing my love of Documenting Life with all of you.

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

YAY! You did it and it looks great! :)