Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Scribble Scrabble Layout

Hello, Crafters!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and had a chance to play with their favorite scrapbooking toys! Later this month and next month we will all be sharing some ideas for fall and Thanksgiving table decor (Nope. Not yet! You'll just have to keep checking the blog and the store for us to post them!). After finishing my place setting, I had some leftover scraps on my desk, and since I'm a scrapbooker at heart, I decided to use my extra supplies to make a layout. I grabbed some cardstock and some letter stickers off my desk, and here we are...(Sorry about the photo quality. I am having serious printer issues here, and my computer-geek husband has not yet been able to fix it. So I'm having to make-do with less-than-perfect photos. Humpf.)

I started with 4x6 photos and cropped a few of them down so I could have a little breathing room on my page. I cut the patterned paper into strips and into the large circle you see there in the corner (no measurements. I just cut it how I thought it would look good). I used the Making Memories Back to School design card to cut the leaves on my Slice and then covered them with diamond glaze to simulate a faux epoxy look. I used my Brushed Corduroy Distress Stain to colorize the shipping tag before adhering it to the page. From there, I added some lace trim and my title stickers, and voila! It's complete! A simple, quick, and fun layout to help me remember the highlights of last Thanksgiving.

Supplies:
Tim Holtz - kraft resist cardstock, title letter stickers, Distress Stain
Scribble Scrabble - patterned paper
My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 - label sticker
Theresa Collins - lace trim
Manila shipping tag, brads, diamond glaze
Sketch - www.bigpictureclasses.com

Happy Crafting!
- Cori

No comments: