Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Dear 'Ol Dad" Father's Day Card!


Hello everybody!

Father's Day is just around the corner, so its time to get crackin' on the cards for our Dads, Step-Dads, Grandpas, Husbands & all the other special guys in our lives, if you haven't done so already.

First of all, I have to apologize for the poor quality of the picture of my card; my scanner is NOT behaving & my DD left the camera charger in Mobile at my sisters house! Therefore I had to resort to snapping a pic w/my phone, which of course has NO flash. Yay!

The card I've posted today was made for my "Dear 'Ol Dad". My Dad has always signed my birthday cards & letters as "D-O-D", otherwise known as "Dear Ol Dad", ever since I was a little girl. When I got the idea of crafting a "banner" card, it seemed only fitting to use "D-O-D" instead of "D-A-D"!

What would be your take and/or inspiration on my "banner" card?


Supplies used:


  • Fancy Pants "Buddies" (Fancy-free collection; Spiffy)

  • Yellow Bazzil cardstock (I used scraps!)

  • Green chipboard letters

  • Stickles - Lime Green

  • Cats Eye ink - Blue Iris

  • 8 1/2 in. white ric-rack

  • 4 white eyelets

  • Crop-a-dile

  • Other: Argyle mini stamp, Crop-a-dile, mini bookplate, green mini brads

Technique hint: To create a "shadow" effect with you cardstock letters, very carefully peel (w/your nail) your chipboard letters in half. Adhere the bottom layer of you letter first; then carefully adhere the top, or second layer, of your chipboard letter approximately 1/4 of an inch to the right of your first layer. Repeat for all remaining letters. (I inked the "bottom layer" of my chipboard letters with the same ink I used on the edges of my card as well as for my stamp. You don't have to do this! The "naked" chipboard look is fantastic as well!)

Happy Crafting!

Colleen



No comments: