Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Notes Memo Board

Happy February, World!

I hope you've enjoyed all the peaks from CHA over the last week or so. Aren't there some serious pretty-pretties out there awaiting our Crafty Pleasure? I don't know about you, but I am excited about all the new stuff that is coming out right now. One of the lines that never fails to get me excited is My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found, and they've outdone themselves with their latest release, and fortunately, Christy let me play with some. Yeah, Me!

I don't know if you've ever noticed them in the store, but there are these lovely pieces of sheet metal just waiting for your creative touch. They are magnetic and make wonderful gifts for friends and family. Think of them as metal bases for a layout that you can readjust to suit your whims. Or as a decorative memo board that you can add pictures and To-Do lists to. Anything your creativity can imagine! Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I decided to make my magnet board a base for some Love Notes.

The plain, undecorated magnet board is a little bigger than 8.5x11'', so you'll need at least 2 sheets of patterned paper or card stock to fully cover the surface. I chose to use the Eiffel Tower paper on the top, and to ground it with the Birds on a Wire paper. I used my Xyron Cheetah runner as my base adhesive, because I wanted a good, firm, all-over coverage that wouldn't peel up later.

To cover the seam where the 2 papers meet, I adhered some Pink Paislee mistables ribbon that I had stained with Tim Holtz's Spun Sugar Distress Stain. I used 2 layers of the ribbon, because I wanted a pretty layered look to my ruffle. Very Girly here, I know, but I wanted a soft, romantic feel to display my Valentines on.


I cut my title on my Silhouette using the Pacifico font (my new favorite script font, because it welds and cuts so nicely, while still being legible). I then inked the edges and adhered it to my board over some labels that I had cut from another sheet of paper in this line. I finished my title with some Stickles to add some sparkle and shine.

To make the magnets, themselves, I used some plain, small, round magnets as a base. I colored the tips of my Pink Paislee mistables flowers with the same Distress Stain from my ruffle, stuck a Theresa Collins brad through the center, and glue-dotted it to the magnet. Very quick and simple, yet still pretty and moveable.

To finish my board, I used my crop-o-dile to punch some holes in the top and threaded some gingham ribbon through the holes so that I can hang it on the wall. And voila! A beautiful Love Note to share with your family and friends!


- Cori

No comments: