Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a baby layout! Everyone likes babies

Are you a fan of simple and easy?  Do you have some baby pictures that really need to be scrapped but you don't know what to do with them?   I have the perfect collection for you!  The Simple Stories - Baby Steps collection.

When I first got this paper I contemplated what I wanted to do with it, chose a few different pictures...mostly newborn pictures of one of my little girls.  Then I saw this really cute picture in my stack that would go perfect.

The papers can go with either boy or girl very easily as you can see in this peek at the collection.


So I found my picture to use now I just needed to come up with a layout.  I use lots of sketches and take inspiration from layouts I see on other blogs or websites.  I finally narrowed down which papers and embellishments to use and I started this great process of creating a masterpiece! LOL not really...because with the Simple Stories, everything matches so all you really have to do is put together a layout or card with minimal effort...
Soooo here's my layout I did. 
What do you think????

The hardest part on the layout was cutting out the banner that runs along the top.  Everything is straight from the line, except for the twine and I did a little shading on the banner and around the edge of the main paper with one of my Tim Holtz distress ink pads.

I have a couple more ideas for my leftover paper and embellishments.  I want to make a couple of baby cards.  When I get them done, I will put up another blog...so keep a look out for the cards.  In the meantime, head on over to Scraphappy and pick up some of the Simple Stories lines.  There are some other really cute lines, Fall and I think I saw the Christmas line in the store the other day.  Come back and show us what you have done. 

1 comment:

Neppie said...

Really nice. That baby is one of the cutest babies I've every seen.