Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I can see straight through....

What am I talking about? I am talking about transparencies. When was the last time you used transparencies on your layout? Last month Christy gave me transparencies to use on a layout. I didn't know what to do with it. I could not figure it out. She told me that these particular transparencies are printable, but yet I still had that glazed over look in my eye. Well low and behold a lighting bolt hit me and I actually had an idea. Check it out:Cool huh? I printed words on it that went along with my title and then cut out clouds!
A little mist and a few masks later, and you have a page done! I am using the Early Bird line by Cosmo Cricket, and paint daubers by Tim Holtz.Think of the wonderful things you can do with these. You can make anything! Anything!!!! You have to try these! The ones at Scraphappy have a textured side which was perfect for printing on, and it didn't even smudge as I was pulling it from the printer. I was able to draw on it, too. Not to mention I have an older printer (at least 7 years old) and the transparency was thin enough to go through with no problems!

So if you haven't tried transparencies you need to. You can print on them and punch them out, stamp them, and customize all kinds of embellishments...who knew? Then try layering them on other things like fabric, or patterned paper. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think!

Toodles,
Carla D.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I love it Carla!!! That is right up my alley...Can't wait to try it myself!