Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Grandma's Handwriting Remembered


My Grandmother had the most beautiful handwriting and taught me the art and joy of the handwritten note. Just seeing her letters just makes me smile. I wanted to find a way to preserve that memory. I decided to create these pages with some recipe cards and a letter that were in my keepsake box.

Since I found this great paper in pink and black dessert script, I decided to use that as my color palette.


Tear both patterned papers diagonally creating random tear lines to drop below the letter. Use a Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the edges to avoid sharp white edges.

Crop some light and dark pink cardstock to frame the photos and the recipe cards. I used both around Grandma’s photo to give it more weight and not have it get lost in the page. Be sure the pinks slip into the black area for better coordination. The recipe card on the black seemed to beg for a little pink bow.



On the black pink cardstock, I again placed the diagonal paper in the opposite direction so the pages appear as a set. Distress the edges like the pink page. The letter was not as yellowed as I wanted so I sponged a bit of Distress Ink on it to soften the white. For some reason, I had a sheet of office supply stickers (you know how that goes) which gave me the clip for the top of the letter. Placing the letter and the picture of my grandparents in a manner that filled the page in, I had one spot that was a bit empty. Digging into my supplies, I found a sprig of tiny maroon flowers to complete the page.

I used black photo corners that I’ve had for years to add to the aged look of both pages. There is always a great variety of paper and cardstock for inspiration at Scraphappy for any project.

 Supplies:
12x12 black Bazzill
12x12 pink glimmer Bazzill
12x12 sheet of sweet patterned paper
12x12 sheet of pink dotted paper
Black photo corners
A bulldog clip sticker
A sprig of little maroon silk flowers
Pink grosgrain ribbon

No comments: