Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Scrapper's Block

How many of you have experienced 'Scrapper's Block?' It's frustrating; it's annoying; and it takes up valuable time that could otherwise be spent creating. I've been experiencing a serious block recently. I stare at my stash and my photos. I think about my stash and my photos. I sit down with my stash and my photos. And yet, I cannot come up with an idea or plan for what I want to do.

So what to do when you hit a creative wall? Look for inspiration. Inspiration is all around us: on-line, magazines, nature, God's creation, the smiles and laughter of our children, our own scrapbooks and history. Typically, when I am having trouble creating, I can take a walk with my camera, capture some of our beautiful world, and come back home inspired. Sadly, that did not work for me this time. So what did I do? I went shopping.

I found this adorable, trendy stamp set from Lawn Fawn at ScrapHappy, and I thought that it would be perfect for helping me get through this block. It is fun and is a chevron pattern that I frequently use when I choose patterned papers. Slowly but surely, I am working through my block. I have made a few layouts with this stamp set this week, and although they aren't my favorites, they are still documented memories that I can add to my albums, and I know that I will be able to enjoy this toy for many years to come. So without further ado, this month's layouts:

This month's challenge is to pull out your stamps and use them to scraplift yourself. Look through your scrapbooks. Enjoy your memories. Use them to generate new projects. To be eligible for this month's prize ($5 store credit!), upload your project to facebook and tag Scraphappy on your project. A winner will be randomly drawn and announced in my April post.

And finally, last month's Challenge Winner: Jessica Gabe! Thank you to all who entered and played along.  Jessica, next time you are in ScrapHappy, you have $5 credit to spend however you desire in the store!

Supplies:
- patterned paper - Echo Park, Studio Calico, Lily Bee
- thickers
- enamel dots - My Mind's Eye
- chipboard stars - Pink Paislee
- stamps - Lawn Fawn, Kelly Purkey, and Studio Calico
- wood veneers - Studio Calico
- puffy stickers - Amy Tangerine
- stamping ink and embossing powder
- washi tape

3 comments:

Scrapaholic Mommy said...

YAY! thank you so much! Im so excited

Scrapaholic Mommy said...

how did you do the white stamp is there white ink out that i don't know about LOL???

Christy Hilliard said...

You can use white paint for the stamp, or yes, white ink!!:)