Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Can't Resist this Resist Paper!!

We just got in all of this awesome Bazzill Resist and Embossed cardstock, so we thought we would show you a quick little sample using some of it! It is seriously soo cool, and such an easy and fun way to make a page, card, or project extra special.
Here is what the cardstock looks like to start with:
You can see that it is all white, and has glossy, or resist, patterns! We have lots of different patterns in stock like stripes, polka dots, leaves, etc. You could use anything you have to color your paper, including markers, paint, ink, spray mists, or stains. In this layout, I used Tim Holtz's Distress Stain in Broken China. I covered the entire page in the stain, doing a section at a time, and wiping with a paper towel as I went so that the resist area didnt stain. Here is what it looked like after I stained it:
It would also be pretty to use multiple colors to color your paper.
This totally made me think of water, so I decided to make a
quick water layout with the newly-blue paper!!
A photo mat, a title, and some simple embellishments kept the beautiful glossy background the highlight of the design of this layout! You could always add another photo to the left, but I wanted to leave it open for now to show you the pretty pattern. :)
I am thinking some of the other patterns would make beautiful holiday cards!!!
Come in and check it out!
 
 
 
 


No comments: