Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Amy Tangerine Day Books

Greetings!
Today I want to show you a great product Christy recently got in the store: Day Books. These are pre-made mini-books (by Amy Tan(gerine) for American Crafts) that are perfect for highlighting a single event or topic. Since I just learned how to print Instagram photos straight from my phone, I decided to use my Day Book to focus on all these pictures I've been printing lately.

First up, the cover: All Day Book covers come with an overlying transparency layer, perfect for decorating and adding a title. I used some letter stickers, Amy Tangerine Sketchbook tabs and stickers, and a wood veneer from Studio Calico (items which I repeated throughout the book to add to my book's cohesiveness).

Inside, the page sizes and shapes are varied for a fun, random look. If you have OCD tendencies (like me), then this can be hard to accept and work with, but consider it a challenge. Repeat your fonts, embellishments, and photo sizes, and that should give you the 'order' you crave (I used washi tape, Amy Tangerine labels, stickers, and envelopes, a package of Thickers, and more Studio Calico wood veneers). The pages are largely taken from her Sketchbook line, but there are other die-cut cardstock pages, envelopes, and ephemera added, as well. Below, you can see some of the pages in my book, which will be in the store for you to flip through and enjoy.




I hope you've enjoyed this month's project. As always, let me know if you have any questions, comments, or requests!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this Cori!

Anonymous said...

The day book looks lovely!

What printer did you use to print the instagram pics?