Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Traditional or Contemporary?

How would you describe your Christmas style?  Me?  I think I would probably be 50/50.  I love the old fashioned Christmas papers, but there is just something really fun about the contemporary bright colors and patterns, too!!  So, why not have both?  You certainly have a great selection to choose from in the store!

If you are a more traditional kind of gal, there are some amazing papers from Simple Stories.  Their 25 Days of Christmas collection would be a perfect choice for you!  There are also some yummy Fancy Pants Designs papers that have the old, timey Santa.  Who wouldn't love those??!!  Just to get an idea of what you can do with these papers, here is a layout I created using the 25 Days of Christmas collection (and a few other bits & pieces from the store).



Now, let's say you're more of a Contemporary Christmas crafter!!  Well, you're in for a treat too!  There are some completely adorable papers from Jillibean Soup that are right up your alley.  I haven't used any for a layout yet (definitely planning to, though), but played with some on my December Daily and I absolutely loved them!!  And how about a little challenge??!!  Why don't you talk a walk through the store and look for papers and embellishments that aren't necessarily Christmas-themed and get creative by using those on your layouts.  I did just this exact thing with some of the beautiful My Mind's Eye papers.  Take a look at this layout:




How fun is that??!!  Not technically Christmas-themed papers, but I think it works!  And here's a little tip...pick your papers and then find one or two Christmas-themed items to add to your page to tie it all together, like I did with the Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly chipboard alphas.


I hope I have inspired you to get creative and crafty with your Christmas and holiday layouts!  Remember, the #1 rule in Scrapbooking is JUST HAVE FUN!!

No comments: