Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gift Card Tag


 Need something quick and easy for the last minute (hate to shop) shopper like me…yes I have been know to get to the stores early on Christmas Eve morning with both my girls and be done by  lunch time (you can get some really good deals). But then you have to go home and wrap for three hours…Oh wait what if I just hit the gift card department and make it easy and fast.
  Well that’s what I wanted to share with you….What I did with the gift cards when I got home.
  I started with Movers and Shapers dies from Sizzix – tag and bookplates and cut one tag out of Coredinations “Whitewash” collection. Place in an embossing folder and run thru the Big Shot. I then use the sanding grip the lightly sand just the top off the raised parts of the tag. This works great with this paper because it is one color on the front and has a different color core.
Next, cut a slit in the tag.

Shown here on a plain tag
Now cut another tag from decorative paper to place on the back of the first tag. Place your glue only at the top and along the side and bottom so that you create a pocket for the gift card.
  I brushed the edges of the tag with Distress Ink-Iced Spruce and punched a hole at the top. Next I cut a 6 inch 3D paper rose with  My Minds Eye "Be Merry" paper and my Silhouette. You can also cut by hand. Gently roll the edges of the spiral shape with your fingers. Now roll the spiral shape inward starting with the "tail" part on the outside. It is easier if you use a toothpick to start the rolling process.
Roll as tight, now let go and watch in un-roll some and begin to look like a rose. Place a small bit of glue to hold it together (hot glue or "Aleene"s Fast Grab Tacky Glue)
I embellished with some greenery scrapes and netting. Oh and be sure to add some Stickles (life is better with a little sparkle).

shown here with the gift card in the pocket
 Scraphappy has a great Gift Card department and you can get all the supplies you need to make you're own gift tags. Just have fun (and use some of that scrapbooking stuff that you already have)!
Happy Scrapbooking!!  Linda

Products used:
Coredinations "whitewash" collection
My Minds Eye "Be Merry"
Distress Inks, Barn Door and Iced Spruce
Stickles
Sizix Flourish embossing plate
Big Shot

No comments: