First of all, you can use them the obvious way: for a wintery layout or card. Say your family goes skiing every year in Utah - that'll be easy to use these papers and embellishments for a snowy project. Or your family gets stuck in the Atlanta airport for a day because of a threat of ice - again, easy. Just use the snowy, wintery themes on a snowy, wintery layout as they were designed to be used.
But say you never get to see snow...or you spend your winters at the beach or on a cruise ship...What do you do then? There's still this pretty new stuff you want to use, but you just can't figure out how to do it. And that is what we are going to work on and discuss today.
ScrapHappy has recently gotten in a large order from WeRMemoryKeepers, including cute, excellent quality albums (both 12x12 and 6x6), and some of their new paper lines. I was asked to make a minibook using wintery papers for a non-wintery project. After many hours of thought, I realized this morning that there's a minibook I have been wanting to do for several years: Our Year in Sports. Our family is active year round. We joke that you can tell what season it is by what sport the Girls are playing, so when it came time to make a minibook for the store, this seemed to be the perfect fit.
This month's ingredients:
1. ***Make a project using themed paper for something completely unrelated to that theme.
2. Stamp and emboss somewhere on your project.
3. Use ink in a color or form that is not typical for you (ex. I inked all my paper edges with grey. I never use grey. This was a challenge for me. Other ideas? Experiment with spray inks or Distress Stains. Anything that is NEW to you).
4. Use chipboard.
5. Use ribbon.
6. Embellish with stars
7. Use a nontraditional page in a minibook - chipboard pages, transparencies, tags, etc.
Supplies Used in This Month's Project:
- album, patterned paper, page protectors, acrylic stamp - WeRMemoryKeepers
- ink - grey and black ink pad, Distress Stains, and Heidi Swapp Color Shine
- stars - chipboard (cut with an old Sizzix die), Heidi Swapp (Disco Stars), Studio Calico (wood veneers)
- chipboard letters - Basic Grey
- transparency - Hambly
- Perfect Pearls
- my stash - black and white ribbon, black ink and embossing powder, sports and seasons stamps