Upcoming Events that you DON'T want to miss!!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Upcycled Cabinet Door!

This weekend I covered and decorated a cabinet door that I picked up at a thrift store. It was super fast and easy!! I didnt take a picture of the door before we started, sorry! It is a dark cherry wood color.

Here is the finished project:


As you can see, we sort of used it as a picture frame and put a quote inside! First, it was painted with Heirloom White spray paint. After letting that dry, I used the new Tim Holtz tissue wrap to cover the "frame". I applied a coat of clear drying adhesive with a foam brush, Mod Podge would work fine. I laid the tissue paper lightly over it and patted it down. Once i had the entire frame covered, I went back and added a coat of the clear adhesive to the top. This paper would look really cool if you sort of let it wrinkle as you laid it down, to give it a cool texture.


In the bottom left corner, I just started layering different random pieces I had leftover from other projects, brads, buttons, bling, chipboard, flowers, and pearls. The large flower is also made from the tissue wrap and some black cardstock scraps.


The heart is just hand cut from black cardstock, added pearls and a sticker behind. The top flower is also made from the tissue wrap.
The letters that are making the phrase in the center are from black vinyl cut on my Cricut with the Jasmine cartridge. I added a little bling to the word love. I could have done a better job of lining those letters up. ;)

This project would be so cute using any color scheme, putting any quote or name inside, and even to have photos stuck around it as well! And with the tissue wrap being white and a little see-through, it would be perfect for inking, misting, stamping, staining, etc. Hope you like it!

No comments: